The 7th Annual Western New England Greenway Conference was held on November 18, 2017 at the Bennington Museum to further the growth of the multi-state bike route..
Cycling advocates, state agencies and others gathered for the day-long meeting to gather consensus on priority actions for 2018. The agenda included:
Signage for the WNEG
- Wording, Size, Color, etc.
- Coordinating with Local Bike Groups
- Approvals Needed
- Next steps?
Tour Directors’ Perspectives (40 minutes)
- Karen Empie, FANY Ride Director
- Rick Gallo, Bicycle Adventure Club
Annual Bike Tour – Terry Burke (35 minutes)
- Relationship of the WNEG to Tour Operators
- Getting Professional Tour Operators to Run a Tour
- Next Steps?
State Bicycle Advocacy Groups (60 minutes)
- Jason Van Driesche, Interim Executive Director – Local Motion, VT
- Adina Giannelli, Executive Director, Bike/Walk CT
Local Bike Groups’ Activities (60 minutes)
- Bruce Lierman, Vermont
- Amanda Chilson, Project Coordinator, Mass in Motion
- Tom O’Brien, New Milford River Trail Association, Connecticut